Saturday 17 September 2011

Yummy breakfast - chessy egg cups!

So I got the idea for this from Annie's Eats, which I saw on a friends post on Facebook. I couldn't wait to make them, they looked so good and is my favorite combination - cheese and eggs! I particularly like that it makes cute little portions.

I made a slight change to make it vegetarian - instead of bacon I used sundried tomato.  I used the dried type, rather than the one in oil, as the oil would probably have made it too wet.

Cheesy egg cups

Serves 2
4 eggs
Shredded cheese
1 sundried tomato, finely chopped
2 slices of oval bread

1. Preheat the oven to 200
2. Grease a 4 hole muffin tin with butter.  
3. Cut each slice of the bread and place each half into each muffin hole of the tin.
4. Sprinkle a bit shredded cheese and sundried tomato in the center of each slice of bread.
5. Break one egg per muffin hole and carefully place on top of the bread and cheese. This is surprisingly tricky so be careful!
6. Bake until the eggs are cooked through - approx 10 mins.
7. Lift the egg cups out and serve - 2 per person

No comments:

Post a Comment